Thread: why is it?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-07, 12:24 PM
neilfein

Bikes: "Hildy", a Novara Randonee touring bike; a 16-speed Bike Friday Tikit; and a Specialized Stumpjumper frame-based built-up MTB, now serving as the kid-carrier, grocery-getter.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
In some crowds, I think BMX bikes are the "in" bikes. It's like mountain bikes in the '80s, they were the thing to get and they made you look automatically cool. (I ride a MTB, but that's because I actually take it on the trails.)

But honestly, whatever floats your boat. Everyone has a litle bit of vanity in them. If you've ever spent a few minutes dithering about what to wear, you have a touch of the vain in you.

Originally Posted by Kommisar89
There are a couple of bmx/skate parks here in town and it's pretty interesting to watch. I'm sure I break my neck if I tried.
There's one of these on one of my regular riding routes; it's a regular water stop for me. It's always disappointing when nobody's doing stunts.

Originally Posted by East Hill
Young people always get a bad rap, just because they're young. The language is different, so it puts older people off, because they don't know what you're really saying.
Them young BMX whippersnappers...

My bands: