View Single Post
Old 06-26-07, 02:02 PM
minivandriveby

Bikes: 2000 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR XC (100%stock)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bigbossman rides through my "Hood"

Hello. I'm new to the forums and this is my first real post outside of introductions. My name is Chris and I live on the extreme southern edge of suburban Sacramento (really close to cow patures ) Just bought a new (used) bike after being off for about 10 years. Decided to get a "take anywhere" MTB even though a roadie would be more fitting (infinite country roads starting a couple of blocks from home). So I'm hitting the road on my Stumpjumper FSR until I can buy a second bike.
My first and only ride so far was on Sunday morning (got the bike on Friday afternoon). I took Franklin Blvd. in Elk Grove all the way down to New Hope Road (Thornton) and back (about 30 miles RT) to get back into it. Got front AND rear flats from those damn burrs (and I never left the pavement ) I see why they call it THORNton, but it was a hoot. My "taint" is sore but that's because it's not conditioned yet. Can't wait to get on it and go again. That's all I've been thinking about. Woo Hoo!

Edit: Oh yeah! The longest ride I ever did started at the Concord BART station, over the Antioch bridge, up the River Road to Marconi Ave in Sac, then back out to the ARBT and up to Gold River. Heck of a great ride bigbossman.

Last edited by minivandriveby; 06-26-07 at 02:08 PM.