Old 05-15-04, 07:51 AM
John M
Serotta

Bikes: Serotta Legend Ti, Paramount (waterford) custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Keep going dude! I cannot say more that others for encouragement. I to am trying to gain my health back. I use to race 89-91. I was over the "ideal" weight for my short size of 5'7" @175, but the young bucks would flip that a short fat 36 yr old could go 30 on a bike and hold it I am now 49, overweight, have high blood pressure (165/100) and suffer migraines, cholesterol is high. Doc put me on BP pills that I want off of. I have made a commitment to lose the weight, lower my BP, reduce my sodium intake, exercise, and ride my bike and enjoy life. Been at this for 1 month now, I have lost 13 lbs of my 58, BP is down to 120/78 with pills, I have logged miles on my bike, my clothes are getting loose and I feel better. Doc told me that in 5 weeks if my BP is still down I can get off the meds so I am working toward this now. I track my weight, food and BP on lifeclinic cause it's free and web based and can hit this when I am on travel.lifeclinic

On the book I second the above. I just got my copy and it has some good info. There is more on Sally's site Heart Zones site

Keep up the good work!