View Single Post
Old 05-15-04, 08:37 AM
AeroDog

Bikes: Bianchi (road), Cannondale R3000,Trek (mtb)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HammerTheHill
I still dont understand how him saying he didnt have a wife makes him tactless or insenstive. Is he suppose to sit there and explain to whoever was asking the question, that him and his wife didnt work out and then split up? I think him saying he didnt have a wife was quick and to the point.

--snip--
I have talked with Lance on 2 occasions (I work in the same place as his sports agent, Bill Stapleton) he is a VERY nice person. We talked for 10mins in the bathroom about bikes in general and he made no rush to leave or anything. We just stood and talked, I asked him questions..Infact I was the one who had to break of the convo.

My point is you shouldnt let "reality" tv obsure your image of a person. He is going to have his faults like anyone else, he's human. He is going to act like the top dog, when he knows he is the top dog in his sport.
I agree. I found the Lance Chronicles to be very enjoyable. It is exactly the kind of "off-the-bike" thing I wanted to see. In context, I don't think the "I don't have a wife" comment was in any way offensive.
03 Trek MTB