View Single Post
Old 05-16-04, 10:43 AM
wsurfn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=vansiclenr]Help, please. I can't get the Tectro Mini-V brakes adjusted the way I like on my new Burley Duet. They stop the bike, but to get the Shimano STI lever to not bottom out, I have to set the brakes so close to the rim that I have to true the wheel weekly.

Bob:

I recently purchased a new Tosa (your's aluminum cousin). I agree, I could get my brake levers to touch the bars if I squeezed hard enough. I thought that was strange. My MTB or old road sidepulls never felt like that at the lever. I was able to adjust them with a narrow clearance at the rim without rub. On the road they stop fine. I suspect it is a mechanical advantage thing (will let Mr. Linvingood give us the real answer). The noodle does not come with the barel adjuster, and no Travel Agent is used. I upgraded my rims to Velocity Deep-V's thanks to my dealer (we are a big...not fat...team). I am not sure if he built the wheels, but so far so good. No true issues.

As far as gettting a response online from Burley....forget it. You may get a response, but don't hold your breath based on my experience. I agree call.

My dealer is not very close, so I dealt with my own adjustments. He wondered if the new Tektro Minis may be a little different this year.

Let us know how it goes.

So far, I am very pleased with my purchase. I feel it is a very good value tandem, and is bringing us a lot of fun.

HTH (your not alone),

Mark