View Single Post
Old 06-29-07, 05:58 PM
solveg
Squirrel

Bikes: Borthwick Touring bike, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, ?? Bianchi Torino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikedued
A Galaxy was a boom model cheapy, that weighs a ton, and not a Peugeot. I see them at every thrift store and flea market I go to. Pass, I would. Did Peugeot make a bike called Galaxie that I don't know about?

Well, if all goes well tomorrow, I will not only have the chrome Voyageur, but also a Super Le Tour 12.2. I'm going to splurge a bit, and pay $75. Still reasonable in my eyes. I seem to be finding some decent Schwinns the last 6 months or so. Maybe I will be blessed with a Paramount someday? I'm not holding my breath though, hehe.,,,,BD
Apparently... I did a search on this forum and found out it's a recalled Peugeot that they destroyed either because it was so dangerous or because it was kinda dangerous and they didn't want the liability. So it's not that the bike is so great, although apparently it was very light for its time... it's that these were so bad they destroyed all of them.

Well, I got the thing. I'll post photos later this evening. This one has the same very* faded red paint that divineandbright had, but I'm not seeing any evidence it was a Peugeot. It has a "Falcon" derailleur and nothing else has writing on it that I've found. It has no quick release wheel, but it does have cheater brakes.