View Single Post
Old 06-30-07, 10:54 PM
hr2510

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wish me luck

After reading the post here, you guys have me pumped up. I'm not sure why but for the last few weeks I've been tossing around the idea of riding a bike again(it's been over 30 years). I answered a ad for free bicycles on Craig list last Monday,had to wait until today for them to get the bikes "dug out" to see what they had. While waiting I found this forum, read the post in this section and realized how good a move it would be to start riding not only for fun but exercise and weight loss.I picked up the bikes a few hours ago (4 mountain and 1 tandem), replaced the chain and finished a tune up on the Lady's mountain bike for my wife just before dark. I took it for a 2 mile test drive and I'm all excited!!! I've never ridden a MB before and it felt really strange at first but I really liked the quick response it has. BOY what a work out!! Yep I'm in that bad of shape. I hope to get the Specialized mens bike on the rode tomorrow so I can start riding again. I've read about heart rate range for weight loss is around 60-70%. I'll have to get me a monitor. I started counting calories last Friday. I'm 47, 5'11" and 235lbs with a 42" waist. I hope to some day (I know it won't be real soon)shed 10" of waist and around 50-60lbs. I think I can do it with your help,advice and inspiration.