Thread: Hypocrisy
View Single Post
Old 02-13-02, 07:35 PM
Bigtime

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Imagine how many fewer traffic deaths there would be if all cars were replaced by skilled cyclists (and stroke deaths, heart-attack deaths, cancer deaths, asthma deaths...)

Replacing cars is not the problem (although I would like to see that too), the problem is that anyone and everyone can obtain a driver's license wether they can drive worth a damn or not. The driver's test is a joke, only 25 questions, and multiple choice. Ridiculous. And then they take you for a 15 minute car ride and if you don't kill anyone you get a license.

I would like to add to the "Wish it would happen but not in a million years" list by suggesting all motorists are required to spend several hours per year in a simulator, similar to the ones used for pilot training. I would also suggest that bicyclists are required to obtain some type of bike license. Nothing too serious, just to test your knowledge of hand signals and how to ride at night, what to do when approaching another cyclist, etc.

Imagine how many fewer deaths there would be if we had skilled motorists AND bicyclists on the road...
-BT