Thread: Wish me luck
View Single Post
Old 07-01-07, 08:55 PM
hr2510

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WOW Thanks for the great comments everyone! I spent most of the day working on the bikes. They were in pretty rough shape from hanging on a rack on a RV outside for years. I used a whole can of liquid wrench between two bikes I got the wifes bike in really good mechanical shape now and started on my bike. I got ALL the bearings cleaned and greased,2 new tires and tubes,brakes adjusted etc etc. I still need to "tweak" the front derailer a bit and replace the rear shift cable and seat but I did manage to ride it about 1/2 mile stuck in 12th gear just to see how it handled. It felt really nice. Especially since it's more my size and the seat is adjusted to me. I live out in the boonies and will have to make a 45mi trip into Austin Tx to a bike shop somewhere to get a new cable if I can't rob one from one of the other bikes. I've been walking every morning since my heart attack last August but I think I'll be riding every morning now. Heck I'm so excited I think I'll ride the wifes bike in the morning. Luckily it has a quick release for seat adjustment. I'll try and post a "Before" pic. of me and the bike(we both look pretty rough) soon.