View Single Post
Old 07-02-07, 09:18 AM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JanMM
Is the age-related inability to climb aboard an upright bike gender-specific? Do men just quit riding when they get to that point while a lady might switch to a Ladie's bike?
Can't imagine it ever becoming difficult to sit down in my recumbent Comfy Chair and cycle away. Now, there's an option to a Ladies' Bike.
I can't say whether the problem is gender specific but my guess would be it's not. Flexibility seems to be a problem in both genders as we age. Women might even have an advantage since many are often more flexible than men at younger ages.

I've never rode a recumbent so I have no experience but I've seen many people having problems getting started on them. This seems especially true of the design where the feet are much higher up then those with the pedals at a lower position. By the time I give up my bike I'll probably be ready for a trike

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith