Old 07-02-07, 10:00 AM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ang1sgt
It is a bike that is much easier for her to shift and get used too. Her old 77 Peugeot is really tired and had NONE of the modern convenient things that we take for granted now. I had built up one of these at the Bike Shop the other day and after putting it together I had wondered if she would like one. I just need to take it easy with her, build up the miles with her and get back to where we were a number of years ago.

If she really takes too bicycling again I can and will upgrade her bike and pass this one off to one of our two girls. They both could use a bike so there are good homes for this bike. I could see my Wife on one of the TREK 7.5 FX WSD's. Of course she sends me very mixed signals on what she likes in a bike. But I think the more upright I can keep her, the better off she will be.

I think the SMILE on her face yesterday while riding the bike was worth it all!

Chris
Oh yes, the smile. I feel like that every time we ride. Whatever it takes to keep her riding with you is what's most important, not the type of bike. The togetherness as a family and having fun getting some exercise, that's what's important. Sounds like you are off to a great start!