View Single Post
Old 07-02-07, 11:39 AM
BigSean

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nygirl777
Actually it wasnt especially after eating about 6 more of those little red potatoes I rode in circles for a few minutes because my legs started to tighten up but then decided I could catch you guys. I was riding with a guy named Bruce, he was wearing a yellow livestrong jersey and he is the gentleman that changed my flat in like 3 minutes he used his tube and co2 cartridges eventhough I had plenty. THANKS BRUCE. He suggested I use the floor pump to top it off. I called Lara - got voicemail - I wanted to use her hand pump. No big deal Bruce said there was a floor pump back at the firestation..........so back down I went. So whatever else was past the climb I have no idea. Didn't see it - didn't go - didn't want too However on a sadder note when we bombed back down Altamont or whatever that street was 2 people climbing side by side hooked handlebars and down they went. She smacked her head pretty dang hard on the pavement. I hope she is okay.
I pumped up my tire and waited a few minutes = which translates to - ate a few more red potatoes and off I went. I figured Lara and Ron probally just blew past the station so I would catch them or at least see them within the next few miles. No dice. Nothing. The rest of the ride back was pretty good. I hung out at the last rest stop devouring the melons and oranges boy were they tasty. Unfortunately I didnt get to see Tiffanie until after the ride when we were making our move out of the parking lot. Thanks for bringing my new jersey with you Tiffanie. I ended up with 97 miles....boo hoo. Luckily I already got my JUNE century in Had we not decided to go to the races we would have been able to hang out longer. I did have the pleasure of meeting REDAL in Manhattan Beach. I didn't see any other BFers

It seemed like I survived on those potatoes. Sorry I never got to catch up to you and the group, I tried but Tiff's legs were having nothing to do with chasing people down.I hope you enjoyed our beautiful climbs. They are soooo cool with the shade and beautiful redwoods.