Old 07-02-07, 06:54 PM
ginsoakedboy
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm considering doing the same, and don't think it would look stupid or put form over function. It will just be like having bullhorn bars with the shifters & brake levers right there where my hands will be at the end of the horns. The problem I'm running into is that most of the reasonably priced reverse brake levers mount via plugs that go into the end of the bar -- thereby occupying the same space where the bar-end shifters need to go. I've found one solution so far. A little company in Minnesota called Jtek makes two products. One is a brake lever that mounts to the pivot of the barcon -- called AeroBrake, and the other is a reverse brake lever that clamps externally around the handlebar. This second product might be similar to an inline lever -- never had them side-by-side to compare. Both are, unfortunately, pretty pricey options. But check them out at jtekengineering.com/products.htm. Not a stupid idea at all -- I think actually a pretty good solution to put levers and shifters right there at the ends. I've got a 47cm wide stoker bar that I'm going to set up this way.