View Single Post
Old 07-02-07, 07:42 PM
steve45

Bikes: 2007 Trek 2100 2005 Gary Fisher Montare 2007 Giant Cypress DX 2007 Gary Fisher Paragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great choice in bike

I ride a 2005 Montare. Great all around bike. like G Fish says, mountain bike tough, road bike fast, well not quite but still a great all around ride. Mine sat in my garage till this year when after watching my weight climb to 248 (I'm 6'3) I decided to do something about it, I'm now down to 228 and loving it! I started out with 5 mile rides, now I'm up to 45 to 50 miles. I didn't experience any discomfort (other than the seat) on my Montare, but on the Trek, I had to swap out the stem to raise the bars, my neck, and left shoulder would ache and my hands would go numb, the higher stem did wonders. A road bike is still a road bike but I can live with it now

I had forgotten how much fun bikes can be, I've enjoyed it so much, I bought a Trek road bike for my longer rides, ( I hope to do STP next year) and a Giant Cypress for riding with my kids, its a upright comfort oriented bike.

One suggestion, buy some good padded bike shorts and some good cream to reduce friction in the groin area, it works wonders.

Enjoy!