Old 07-03-07, 10:36 AM
tanks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oktokrewl
the parts are worth anything...

and just take it all apart and put the frames in bike boxes, you can get them from the airlines... I spent way too much on a bike bag and would have felt MUCH safer just having my bike in the cardboard box, and the hard cases are huge, heavy, cost a grip, and make you pay like at least $100 per bike per airline cuz of the overweight/oversize fee...

I say try to keep as many of the small parts in your luggage, like the handlebars, seat/post, pedals etc... and get the cardboard boxes for the wheels and frames... and get the little plastic things (i forgot what they are called) to put in your fork and dropouts so that they dont get bent... You will have to pay extra for the extra bag allowance, but it's not too much and you should easily be able to make back the $$ when you sell the stuff..
good advice. thanks.

i'd feel bad turning around and selling this stuff at a large profit (if i'm able), but i told him i was considering doing just that and he looked at me and said very sincerely, "yes. please. go make money."