Old 07-04-07, 01:49 AM
2am

Bikes: 50cm IRO Mk5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by odie91
Yeah, but I bet knowing what you do now, you still would have participated in the group buy.

Who says he didn't think he had the manpower? He thought he did, perhaps overestimated himself, and made you angry. People make mistakes, but at least his intentions were good.

Get on with your life. I'm sure you're perfect.
1) actually knowing what i do now, no i wouldn't have participated. at this point if i can get my original $50 back i would consider it. unfortunately i haven't had ANY responses to my emails or calls.. of which there has now been 5 total, including one call where i verbally confirmed with tony's assistant that he would call me back

2) communication is key in any business interaction. in reality, all he had to do is follow up with his website consistently. any legitimate business that took your money and was MIA (no communication) for 3months would merit the same response in my opinion.

the 'group buy' frame is roughly 1/2 the normal price, and yes, while it is a great deal, still doesn't merit this blind faith attitude that this company is exempt from standard business practices that some people here suggest. ive owned 2 other iro frames (angus and mark v) and am very supportive of the company (i've talked postively about the company in many other posts and suggested it as start bikes for friends). however, a business responsibility is a responsibility to his customers to keep them informed/updated of their status. anyone who says otherwise should send me $50 and ill get back to them in about 3months .....

im not bashing anyone. im just being critical of irresponsible management/operations

Last edited by 2am; 07-04-07 at 02:12 AM.