baj32161
Behind EVERYone!!!

Bikes: 2010 Specialized Tricross Comp 105 Double

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by gui4life
I did the calculator and I am having trouble comparing it to the Geometry chart at Lemonds site for the Etape. Here are my results:

Thanks for the additional info you guys supplied me.

I don't have the money right now to buy a Reno and I don't want to wait until the new models come out (assuming they come out in December?) How much would it cost to switch over the Sora shifters to Tiagra? Do I have to switch over to a 9 speed? I know it would be benifictial to go ahead and get a bike (like the reno) with them already installed but I can't warrant the purchase, 700 dollars is enough as is!
It would actually be cheaper to buy a bike with a stock Tiagra drivetrain than it would be to upgrade your Sora group to Tiagra. It would also likely be a somewhat senseless upgrade. A better upgrade would be to move up to 105, as that is where you begin to notice a real difference in shifting and overall performance. At <$700 you are pretty much going to find Sora. Believe me, as I said before, there are many folks on here who ride Sora equipped bikes and love them. They have had many hundreds and, in some cases, thousands of miles without any issues. As a beginner, do not get too caught up in the dirvetrain and shifting issues. I am sure you will be fine with a Sora equipped bike.

My backup bike is a Sora equipped bike and I have had zero issues with it.

Cheers,

Brian

― Bruce Lee

Last edited by baj32161; 07-05-07 at 06:09 PM.