Old 07-05-07, 07:04 AM
Shayne

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Had a pretty good TT last Sat.

Hello all,

Haley and I, once again, raced in the COLAVITA OHIO TIME TRIAL SERIES. This was our 2nd time on this course as we had raced it 1 month prior. We were looking forward to this race to see if we would improve on our time from the last race. The course is 20k and is pretty rolly with a chip-n-seal surface. The road surface really gets on your nerves.

Changes we've made to the bike were replacing the 28mm tires with 25's and we added a set of clip-on bars. Also, I've rode 625 miles and Haley’s had 350 since the last race.

We were the only ones signed up for our class so that was kind of a bummer. Since we had no competition our main motivation was to beat last month’s time of 38:50 at a 19.5 mph avg. I told her that if we beat that time we would got out for ice-cream, but if we could beat 38 flat then we could get Graters ice-cream. Haley really likes Graters. Would you believe that we kicked out a 35.58 for an average of 21.05! We were very pleased with our effort, an improvement of almost 3 min. Can't wait until we can do a flat TT.

The shop were we purchased our tandem has a very active race team. They've seen us at these TT's several times and were impressed with how well we're doing and with Haley’s effort and attitude. Later that day we were in the shop to pick up a few things and the Team captain invited us to be part of Team I-Pro. My wife and I talked it over and we thought that this could be a pretty good learning experience for Haley, so we went for it. We talked with Haley about what a privilege this is and that it comes with quite a bit of responsibility to the team and the spouncers. There is no set number of races that you have to do or anything, he said just race at whatever level is fun for you. I don't even have to shave my legs. Haley doesn’t know this yet, but her mothers going to make her write thank you letters to all the team spouncers this summer. Leave it to mom's to keep them doing school work in the summer.

So here's a shot of us right after we completed a July 4th metric. Trunk bag and all.

thanks for reading.
Shayne