View Single Post
Old 02-14-02, 08:30 PM
Bigtime

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chris,

What are you talking about? :confused: How are we subsidizing the oil companies? By paying for their product? I am not an expert by any stretch when it comes to oil subsidies, please explain to me how you came up with this. And all you are going to do if you raise gas prices sky high is create a black market for fuel the likes of which you have never seen. Which of course will not concern you if you don't have a vehicle, but since I do that is not an option I am looking forward to.

I don't suck up to any oil companies, they set the price and if I want to drive I pay the money. And I reject the thought that our "species" lacks the intelligence to come up with alternative fuel sources. Don't forget, our "species" invented the bicycle .

I sense from your post that you are vehemently against vehicles as a method of transport. I understand your view and you are entitled to it. But don't come down on me or anyone else just because they live far from work and they choose not to ride a bike 10 miles a day. Like the previous member stated, vehicles are here to stay, and if you want to live in the sticks and drive into work I say go for it. Just be responsible about it and don't drive a boat that gets 5 miles to the gallon.
-BT