View Single Post
Old 07-05-07, 09:30 AM
nayr497

Bikes: How'd I get this many?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! Purple Rain is back in my hands! Incredible story - was out riding around yesterday and heading home in the afternoon. What do I see suddenly pull out in front of me a half block up? Purple Rain. Some guy with a guitar on his back is riding it. I nearly fainted but immediately caught up to him, got right alongside him and said, "Dude, that is my ******** bike! You need to get off of it right ******** now unless you want to get f*cked up!" I pulled in front of him so that he had to stop and got off and I grabbed it from him and walked away.

He said that he had bought it from Carlos at Revolution for $180. I told him I didn't care and that he knew a bike that nice would only be that cheap if it were stolen. I told him to get the f*ck away from me. I think he must have known it was stolen or else he would have put up more of a fight. I also think he must have bought it from the thief but not been the person who stole it.

I called the police to follow-up from the earlier report and they sent an office out immediately (crazy since it was the 4th for him to show so quickly). He took a report on the description of the rider and was heading to Revolution to investigate.

I'm wondering what happened though. Revolution doesn't sell used bikes. I wonder if they guy was just saying he worked at Revolution to the buyer so that he would sound legitimate?

Do you think I should go talk to the guys at Revolution about it? I'm just worried if "Carlos" knows I've got it back he might try to steal it again.

I'm riding another bike today so that I can let Purple Rain lay low for a bit in case the thieves want it back. But, since the thief got paid for it, they probably don't care. And the rider doesn't know where I lived. It is locked to a piece of furniture in my bedroom and I padlocked my bedroom door.

Thanks to everyone for their support and encouragement. This is the best July 4th gift I've ever gotten!