Old 07-05-07, 07:01 PM
gui4life

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It was great. I tried out the Trek 1000 but they didnt really have it in my size and the guy said it feels more like a Lemond in size 57.

The Lemond Etape feels like the perfect fit. I road it around for a good 10-15 minutes.

However: The Etape felt like it was shifting gears rather rough compared to the Trek 1000, even though they have the same components.

I told the guy and he took it in the back room and he said that he did some "minor adjustments but it looked pretty good" I test drove it again and it seemed a litte worse - not better.

They only way I can discribe it is when I shift there is more of a "clunk" and isnt very smooth.
What could be causing this? Could it be because of being abused while on the show floor? I asked how long it has been on display and he said "Ill have to check but Id have to say around 2 months"

The fact that is impossible to downshift in the drops and the roughness of shifting is the only real complant I have. The stock seat seemed pretty good, wasnt hurting.

My back didnt feel like it hurt at all when done riding, which is a good thing (but my legs sure did! I am so out of shape lol.)

I didnt really check out the condition on the bike that closley for wear and tear. I did notice some scracthes on the carbon fiber seat post from being raised and lowered - no biggy.

I just sorta hate the feeling of buying a slightly used bike at a "new" price.

When do the 2008 bikes come out? The guy in the shop said august... If it comes out in august I could wait a couple of weeks and maybe get the 2008 verison or the 2007 version for cheap.