View Single Post
Old 05-21-04, 01:07 PM
kurremkarm
I bet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"TAX BREAKS ARE NOT TAX SPENDING; IT IS EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. TAX BREAKS MEAN LESS MONEY FOR DEFORESTIZATION AND KETCHUP STUDIES."

You have this budget of x dollars and you reduce income in one area does that make your expenses go away? Nope, same budget. Since most of the tax reduction is aimed at the rich who is gonna pay for this mess? Not the rich, as i said, rich people hide their tax responsibilities better. Companies usually hide them very well. Some of them hide them so well that is should be criminal.

As for deforestation, this administration has a horrible record and not just in that area but in consumer protection, EPA, etc, etc. How do you like your meat, with feces or without? Big meat companies have lobbied in such a way as to get laws removed that protect consumers. How do you like pork? Pork is largely self regulated now. How do you like your water, with arsenic or without?

There are only so many resources to go around, so much water, so much oil, so much lumber and this administration is using our tax dollars to help big business **** our country.

I read this book, slanted no doubt, called, "Strangely like War," about deforestation. Another book or two about the bush administration and it's lies and thefts and abuse of our country. Bushwacked, good read, check it out. Another called thieves in high places, check that one out. You know, if there was no basis for truth in these books the authors would be sued into oblivion. Even with the obvious bias there is enough information to alarm any citizen of the US. also liked, if you ride alone you ride with bin ladin, another good book.

Thing is, if i sound upset or alarmed i should be. The truth is that more people should be. Frankly we should all be pretty damned pissed off.

And yeah, this isn't the political forum and i will get off my soap box now. The real problem is that you can't speak truth to power, and even if everyone in the united states knew all of the crap that our government did to us, they wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyways because they don't give 1000 dollar and up campaign contributions and therefore don't matter to the political process.

Also, democrats arent much better, not picking on republicans.