Thread: Reincarnation
View Single Post
Old 07-08-07, 02:05 PM
BeerBiker

Bikes: Cruzbike Silvio, Cruzbike Mtb Conversion, Raleigh Technium (converted to fixie)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deathhare
im serious about the tires and i like the colors you got. looks good.
Thanks, Deathhare. Those tires would look pretty cool on there. I had some blue tires that looked pretty good, but they got pretty dry rotted. Those are Conti Gator skins on the bike right now. I went for bullet proof because nothing sucks worse than having to stop and fix a flat.

I'm not real deep in love with the flat bars. I have some bar ends that I might chop down some and try on there. If I can come across another set of aero levers, I have a set of nice aluminum drop bars I would chop and flop.

I'm a little worried about the front fork. I put a long reach dual pivot brake caliper on the front and I noticed under heavy braking, the front fork flexes considerable. I'm not sure how much of a concern this is, but I will keep an eye on the thing. Mostly, I use my legs for slowing when I know the stop is coming. I don't do skid stops. At 250, I can take a tire down to the casing in one skid, so braking becomes very expensive.

This bike is just sort of an "extra" for me. I had more or less retired the frame, but I really like the converted road bike concept and couldn't bear to get rid of it. The paint job may get redone as I didn't clear coat it and I have some pretty serious chips in it. I never made the correlation between our club colors and the whole rainbow/gay thing. Guess I'm just not much of a hater. I just love this bike, though. I bought basically an entire bike, less wheels, from a tweaker for $7. All I really have in it is the paint job, the headset and the wheels/tires. Everything else was just parts bin fodder..

Mark