Old 07-09-07, 08:10 AM
juggleandhope

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Impossible Blunder

here's a couple pictures of an impossible blunder i made in a moment of zombie folding. i bought this boardwalk s1 off craigslist for $100 - it was a week old and the original owner was upgrading to a dahon with gears. while saying goodbye to my old dahon and the people who bought it i unconsciously folded the boardwalk and let the pedals rotate. now my wheel is locked between the pedal and the fold : )

it reminds me of that part in douglas adams' "dirk gently" book about the sofa that gets trapped in a stairwell and scientists are able to prove that it couldn't have possibly got in that position.

assuming i get it unstuck (already a half hour of sweat with no luck) my next complaint will be about the unbelievably lame bolts on the front wheel. i tried taking one off and it was not just stripping but actually shredding (as you can see in the picture). metal (i think?) splinters spilling and stabbing. i think the plastic bolt covers aren't to protect you from the bolts - they're there to protect these weak bolts from the wind generated by pedaling. i'd like to change these for steel bolts if i can get them off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2503.jpg (99.7 KB, 56 views)