View Single Post
Old 07-10-07, 08:54 AM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by momof4greatkids

I did have the Serotta fitting, I posted about that a while back. 2 1/2 hours w/the fitter on this sawed-off "fit cycle" and massage table (to measure flexibility, but at these prices I should have gotten a massage, too!) and I ended up fitting a 52 short frame perfectly, I'm 5' 7 1/2" and fairly long legged w/a somewhat shorter reach.

One of the problems I've had w/my Trek 7.5fx in a 20" frame is that the reach is pretty far and I have hand numbness nearly constantly in varying degrees.
That's interesting, as those two have very different geometries.

Consider - Serotta 52S vs Trek FX 20" in cm

Seat tube: 46.0 vs 50.5
Top tube: 50.5 vs 56.8 (could be more like 54 in actual length)

If the 52S is a perfect fit then the Trek 20" wasn't even close to one.

The Fierta Steel does seem to have a lot going for it. Getting a custom fitted steel bike with a comfort geometry with carbon fork (& carbon seat stays too?), for around $3K strikes me as a lot of value.

I think George should look into one of these!

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post