Old 07-10-07, 06:40 PM
will dehne

Bikes: Trek 7700, C'dale R2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yen
As long as she takes in fewer calories than she uses during the week, she'll lose weight. Maybe not 2-3 lbs./week (which is what most people desire), but she'll lose it as long as her calorie intake is a little lower than she burns. I lost 30+ lbs. with just moderate walking (prior to getting back on a bike).... it's all how I ate, and what, and doing some kind of exercise most days of the week. It doesn't have to be long distances or high intensity. It was slow..... veeeery slooooow at times....... but slow, steady, and sure. 18 lbs. since last summer is only 1.5 lbs./month, a rate that frustrates most people (and understandably so). But 18 lbs. is a lot of weight no matter how slow it comes off.
Lucky, my wife is a great cook. I benefit from that. She also is her own best customer. She is Polish/German and that diet provides a continuous challenge for her and me.
I dropped a lot of weight by cutting out most meat + fried + bread and bike furiously 50 miles on most days. She cannot do that and is stuck at 140# for her 5'3". By no means heavy but she would like to drop about 5#. No dice.