Old 07-12-07, 06:54 PM
momof4greatkids

Bikes: Serotta Fierte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how humiliating

My son told me not to take it personally, but no one showed up for my ride!! I kind of had a hunch when I arrived at 5:20 for a 5:30 start and there was one else there yet that I might be riding alone. That makes me so sad! I am a good club member (I bring fresh home roasted coffee to club events) and I'm trying really hard not to take it personally. Of the usual 7 or 8 regulars on this ride, 5 are on a tour right now, one is working lots of mandatory overtime, another just started a new job....and there's me

Our roads are very flat so the posted pace for a "3-star" ride is 12-14, tending more toward 14, but that's do-able on flat roads. Our club originated as an offshoot of the Lorain County Wheelmen to accomodate people over 50, kind of like what you all have going here. But they started lowering there standards and letting younger folks in....all downhill from there, no doubt

But we accomodate a very wide variety of people and riders, mostly non-racer types who like to ride for fitness and fun, focusing more on the social aspect of cycling. No one ever gets dropped. If someone is having trouble keeping the pace, a more experienced rider will usually stay back with that person to help him or her along. It's really non-threatening and inviting. I am so lucky to have a club like this to ride with.

Except for the fact that no one showed up for my ride It's a good club, really, it is!

Colleen