Old 07-13-07, 10:54 AM
Mayonnaise
Arschgaudi

Bikes: Merckx Team SC, Masi (fixed), Merckx Cyclo-Cross

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
I work for the Hyatt corp. We've gone from 4 indoor, secured bike racks to 15. Many days in the summer the racks are filled leaving problems of overflow. Once a year I tune all the bikes, so they run fine generally. I'm not doing major repairs "on the fly" but if you buy a computer and want me to install it, no problem. Most of the people riding are not like us. They enjoy their bikes and have fun but they're mostly riding low end stuff. My job is to keep them running so the bikes won't waste away in their garages.

I have a giant loading dock to work with, and now they are giving me the recycle room for my tools and workstand. They really want to make this a full service for the employees.

BTW, if you check into the hotel, we have a pair of sweet hybrid bikes you can take out at no cost, serviced by yours truly.

I made it clear to all parties concerned that not now or ever do I want one cent payment

(but, if I fix Izzy's bike and he says "you like your tenderloin med rare, right?" I'll say, "order fire, brother."