Old 02-18-02, 07:43 PM
thbirks
sandcruiser

Bikes: Surly Cross-Check, Miyata three-ten

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interesting thread here. I think Spire has hit the nail on the head. BTW welcome to the forums, Spire The problem is the size of some of these vehicles. If I'm riding to the left of the white line and a reasonable sized car is passing me they can do so without buzzing me or going over into the next lane. If a large truck-type vehicle comes up behind me they are either going to squeeze by me or have to wait until they can safely pass me.

That being said I find that I don't really have many problems with jacked-up station wagons (SUVs) There does seem to be a certain segment of drivers who are really in a hurry and are rude and obnoxious. Many of these seem to be what would be called soccer moms, aahh the STRESS of the "liberated" woman.

The worst offenders in my book are drivers of what I call "Rolling Living Rooms" also known as conversion vans. For those not familiar these vehicles are common work vans turned into rolling apartments, well actually nicer than many apartments. These poor fools can't even manuever their boxes around me on an empty and straight road let alone one with traffic.

On a lighter note, I have found the the best drivers tend to be Saturn drivers. I have never been bullied or honked at by a Saturn driver. On the contrary, they give me a wide berth and even slow to pass me. So, I toast you, the sensible and gracious Saturn driver.