Thread: Dog trailer
View Single Post
Old 07-15-07, 08:11 PM
solveg
Squirrel

Bikes: Borthwick Touring bike, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, ?? Bianchi Torino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Go to Cycletote.com and under products choose "doggie tote". This is, in my opinion, the best of the best, so you can read about all the features it has and compare others to it. The covered part is good for protecting ears.

There is a big* discussion about traveling with your dog in the touring area. Do a search for dog there. I've only done local riding with mine on bike paths but liked the idea of touring once I was down to one dog (mine are currently about 80 lbs each). However, once I read the thread, there were several reasons to not* tour with your dog that I thought had some merit.

In general, my take on it is that no matter what the hardship, your dog would rather be with you than anywhere else. On the other hand, there's a ton* of stupid things we as owners can thoughtlessly do to our dogs, and I don't want to do any of them. So until I know how hot the pavement ( and the cart) gets* at 4 in the afternoon where I'm going, I'm not going to use my dog as a test. There are tons of points like this that get brought up in that other thread....