Old 07-15-07, 09:46 PM
vic32amg

Bikes: Cervelo S5 SRAM Red -

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
good sensation.

I posted about a month ago how I was over-trained and needed a break. .. well .....

I took a long break about 3 weeks with a couple of really chill days on the MTB. But other than that, nothing just eating garbage and chillin. well the last couple of days I got back on the bike (le tour will do that to you!) and felt horrible the first couple of days. Couldn't break 100 RPM for the life of me and just felt like a slug. I do a ton of training exercises on hills and climbing is my favorite thing. I was like a snail on my usually 4 miles @ 4 percent (6'1' 168 lbs so I'm a big boy). Well tonight I went for a ride and when I hit the climb I notice I was climbing at about 14 mph and then all the sudden my form just hit a weird spot. My legs got in some groove and I was holding it 16-17 mph at a rpm close to 95-100 RPM and my heart rate hit the wall about 182 but everything felt fine no problem with breathing etc... but my post is in regards to this sensation of climbing like in a dream or something. i have done this particular climb at these speeds plenty of times but not with such ease. any explanation or a way to get this sensation more often? Prior to my burnout, I was doing lots of climbing in the bigring to gain some strength , usually I like to spin but I have read a couple places this help with strength. perhaps that and then a long layoff was needed and now I am stronger? the first couple of days was perhaps my body just getting acclimated to being on a bike again? please advise...

thanks
Vic

Last edited by vic32amg; 07-15-07 at 10:28 PM.