Old 07-16-07, 02:54 PM
mattm
**** that

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 30 Posts
kudos to everyone that finished, and those that tried but didn't make it for whatever reason. i was in the washington jersey on a celeste bianchi - thanks to anyone that let us in their pace lines! some of the 60-rider pacelines were really fun.

we did the one day, and had a similar experience as others: made it to centralia by 10:45 (5 hour century), the pacelines were great. our average speed was 21 mph for the first half of the ride. centralia was where the ride really slowed down though, maybe it was the spaghetti but i needed it!

the last 100 miles were much tougher, we finished at 7:30 pm for a total elapsed time of roughly 14.5 hours and 10.5 hours of saddle time. our overall average speed was 19.x mph, we were pretty happy with that, seeing as how my riding partner and i are smokers!

i saw one small wreck at the very beginning, a woman fell at the 4:45 a.m. start, maybe a few feet into the ride. i hope she finished! i also read about the hit and run on hwy 30 - i really wish the STP could avoid that friggin highway altogether.

more details about the ride on my blog: http://cyclinginseattle.blogspot.com...-miles-in.html

my race videos