View Single Post
Old 07-17-07, 10:07 AM
Keith99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Eddie Loves You
I was about 35 miles into my 50 mile ride the other day, and I get a flat. As I'm sitting on the side of the trail patching my tube, a group of 3 overweight OCP's pass me by. The one in front (the fattest one; possibly the other two's boss or something) yells at me "nice place to park!" while the other two laugh in response.

I'm sitting there in the 105 degree F heat, my shirt off, dripping wet, with a patch and pump in hand, obviously not just "parked". Now I don't expect strangers to stop and help (though I would and have, every time I've seen a fellow cyclist with a problem), but what's up with the dickheadedness? Was it because I was in gym shorts and they were in full matching team kits?

Needless to say I finished patching my tube and dropped their asses like 2 miles later. The whole thing just pissed me off because we're supposed to help each other out; not just as cyclists but as humans.
Next time as you blow past them say "Nice place to park". If you find they do this regularly I'd suggest a couple of old school Tour tricks. Think 1904 or so.