View Single Post
Old 07-17-07, 08:06 PM
Blue-Shamu
NOT a Trek Junkie

Bikes: 2015 Electra Townie, 2007 Orbea Orca(FOR SALE), 2001 Giant Rincon (SOLD), 1999 Softride Powerwing (SOLD)650

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newbie from Louisiana via Illinois!

A friend introduced me to BikeForums.net as we were talking about this year's RAIN ride which I rode for the second time. Thought it all looked quite interesting. So, here I am!

I'm a 40 years young guy from South Louisiana...have my house and family there. I work and go to school in Southern Illinois. Two things Robinson, Illinois doesn't have my family needs to survive.....warm weather and shopping malls! But, I'm working on them!

I started cycling back in 1999 when I began doing triathlons...of course, I trained very little on the bike...which I'll admit was not the brightest thing to do. Been up here in IL since 2003, met up with some folks that did some riding after about a year or so up here. I still don't think I'm quite used to the hills around here. In south Louisiana, what we call hills, most other folks call "overpasses." And of course, that time trial/triathlon geometry, bouncing carbon beam on my Softride Powerwing 650, and the 53/42 vs. 11/21 gearing combinations didn't make climbing hills any easier! My better half finally gave in and let me buy a new ride this year...picked it up the day after Memorial Day...an Orbea Orca MTO (made to order). It has been really sweet!!! Don't believe the great reviews you read about the Orca in the magazines....it's really better than what they say it is!

So...let's see how this BikeForum thing works!