View Single Post
Old 07-18-07, 09:47 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
T-Mobile doesn't test for testosterone - just blood type tests.

A sample and B sample are taken at the same time - you may even pee across the cups. If one is positive, the other is almost always positive as well.

The kicker will be when they test for exogenous testosterone, i.e. artificial testosterone. If that comes up then it's hard to prove you didn't dope.

Sinkewitz tested positive at an out of competition test - something new for this year. Kessler (Astana) tested positive like this too (for testo as well).

testosterone is good for recovery so it makes sense to take it during a training camp or right before a big race (so you're fresh). it also makes sense to take it during a stage race so there's less of a chance of having a bad day since you recover a lot better.

interesting read on drugs and effects on a cyclist:
http://outside.away.com/outside/body...ug_test_1.html

The new out of competition tests is also the reason why the UCI was mumbling about the "men in black" - i.e. racers training without their team kit. Astana was one team mentioned, Rabobank another. Apparently they think that training without a kit will help them escape notice when the testers show up at their house/hotel/etc. Or they go really far away so it's expensive to track them down.

btw skipping an out of competition test (i.e. escaping it and being spotted escaping) is the same as testing positive. however, the two astanas (vino and the k-guy) both "missed" a test during the Vuelta but were excused somehow. they were winning and went on to win the Vuelta.

cdr