View Single Post
Old 07-22-07, 09:53 AM
Kommisar89
Bottecchia fan

Bikes: 1959 Bottecchia Milano-Sanremo (frame), 1966 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1971 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1973 Bottecchia Gran Turismo, 1974 Bottecchia Special, 1977 Bottecchia Special (frame), 1974 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
I'll answer all the questions in one post -

* Cables are Campy
* Not positive about the fit of the cables - the LBS set that up but the same issue existed before my little accident that required replacing the old stuff and that was the factory setup
* Cassette is Campy Veloce 13-28. That is a stock configuration. Same problem existed with the 13-26 which was also stock.
* Veloce Ergo levers are 2001-2002 vintage, about 7000 miles give or take
* Everything seems to be well fitted and adjusted as far as I can tell but I'm no bike mechanic.

Unfortunately I don't remember whether it did this when it was new or not or if it is something that developed or time. It really only happens when I'm not paying attention or I'm tired at the end of a long ride and my shifts get a little sloppy.

I'll try the limit screw. I suppose it could be just a bit to tight and cause a problem like that. I'll let you know. I'm going for a ride now.