View Single Post
Old 07-22-07, 06:46 PM
Flabulouso
Clydesdale commuter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, I just got back from Hutch's Bike Shop here in Bend, Oregon and am $124 lighter--does that count as a weight loss goal?

I bought a headlight, taillight, U-lock, patch kit and seatpouch, cyclometer and bottles/cages. Since I'm having the bike tuned up they're putting on the bottles/cages, the cyclometer and lights also. Yeah, I'm capable of putting that stuff on, but with my work schedule I would have difficulty finding time. They said that, since I bought the bike there they will move me towards the front of the work queue. I'll be getting a call sometime Wednesday to come pick up my bike.

I believe someone up-thread mentioned leaving my cooler at work and just bringing my food/drinks with me each day when I ride to work. That's a great idea! I hadn't thought of that. I use those chemical ice packs to keep my stuff cool, and I figure it'll only take me about 15-20 minutes to get to work each day, so not enough time for meltage. I'll just have a daypack with my food, drinks, and artificial ice. I wear a company uniform, so instead of taking them home when the clean ones are delivered by the linen service, I'll just leave them at work and change into them from my bike clothes. Gotta remember to have some deodorant and wipes stashed there, though.

I'm starting to get excited about this now!