Old 07-23-07, 09:07 AM
Fuzzz

Bikes: '08 Kona Dawg Deluxe and Miele Fixie Conversion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theblackswan
Been lurking over here for a minute so I decided to get on the train...

Disco inferno was cool...my girl just got her bike that day (which after this weeknd she LOVES) so we decided to head over. Good times...sucks about Jason...get well soon! Looking forward to the next one, I'm in for next one for sure but I'm definite that the stamina will be needed to be built up...

On another note...I was having a conversation with a fellow bike enthusiast & good friend. She had an interesting story for me...

She lives behind the Value Village on Queen & Logan. One day she noticed a bike locked up to a fence that "looked like mine", ie: she noticed the Deep V's on the bike. What struck her as odd was that fact that the bike was locked up to the fence with a s**t lock that definitely didn't offer much security. Over the next few days what she noticed was odd. Piece by piece, the components of the bike started to disappear until only the frame was left, which eventually disappeared. After bike #1 was gone, she noticed a NEW bike locked up to the fence, which again looked like a fixie and same deal...little by little pieces stripped off the bike. The topper to the story was that she said that one of the bikes had ORANGE DEEP V's on it!! Immediately I thought..."Toby's bike!". She went on to explain that one of the bikes was black and the other blue but couldn't really remember more details. She did phone the police and explained what she has been observing. Obviously some sort of bike theft operation....

So if you're riding the alleys keep an eye out in that area, she's gonna let me know if anything else shows up there...
oh man that is literally right around the corner from me... that sucks.