View Single Post
Old 07-23-07, 04:21 PM
Zero_Enigma

Bikes: MTB Peugoet Canyon (forgot the model), Nikishi? roadbike, MTB custom build,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My setup is still changing around. This was my old setup here.

The rest of my photos can be found here.

I've changed the original setup from 2 MEC turtle emergency LED's to 2 Planet Bike Blaze now for 1/2 aimed high at the car/SUV head level and the half the cars I've found slow down when they see me coming to see WTF is going on. The other cars tend to slow down quickly as they're running like 60kph in a 40kph zone when the helmet light just catches thier view with a momentary brightness as I quickly look thier way to acknowledge I've seen them there which they slow down which I take as an acknowledgement that they see me. Also because the quick blink of the eye light at head level wakes everyone up.

The turtles offered good front even looking coverage and acted as turn signals for me but only good for BE-SEEN lights only. The PB Blaze however can be used for dual use. Primarly (sp?) they are used as BE-SEEN lights but in a pinch they can be used for TO-SEE lights but at a slower speed ~13-15kph for the reaction times. in the pitch dark but on brightly lite streets they can be used pointed down for close range slow riding. The beam on the PB Blaze are spots. I took the Minoura Spacebar off the bike on the old setup. The new setup has everything on the bars right now as the underbar mount before was not long enough and often caused the front cables to catch.