mwhurst
NH Rider

Bikes: Pedal ForceZX-2, Lemond Buenos Aires

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
57 year old newbie having fun

One year ago on Memorial Day 2003 I bought a Gary Fisher Zebrano hybrid and within a month had gone from 4 to 14 miles a day, switched seats, tires, seat posts, bars, etc and the LBS said it was time for a road bike. Got a Lemond Buenos Aires after July 4th and quickly got up to 15-20 mile rides and 100+ a week. Formed a lunch time riding group at work which taught me a lot. Upgraded the BA to DuraAce components, EC90 bar, Ritchey stem, SLR seat, SPD-L pedals and continued developing. Over the winter bought a Pedal Force frame and DuraAce components, EC90 bar, SLR seat, Ritchey stem, DA7750 pedals, and Flight Deck. Duplicated all the working dimensions but shaved off 4 pounds. Started riding my "Stealth" [all nude black carbon] bike in the middle of March (cold here in NH); then finished in top 10 of 100 in 50 mile charity ride. What a fun way to get exercise! So much so, no more time for my motorcycle so sold my Gold Wing. First time without a motorcycle in 40 years but having great time turning myself into a motor.

Nice to meet you all. Keep those wheels rolling!

Michael