View Single Post
Old 07-25-07, 12:51 AM
Kommisar89
Bottecchia fan

Bikes: 1959 Bottecchia Milano-Sanremo (frame), 1966 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1971 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1973 Bottecchia Gran Turismo, 1974 Bottecchia Special, 1977 Bottecchia Special (frame), 1974 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by evwxxx
I got some Reynolds 531 decals from Softly (Cyclomondo) awhile back. French language "mid 70's" units. I was not that pleased with the work, the green colors had not lined up with the "531" outlines correctly, giving a "ghost" image to them. I told him about it, and he told me that original 531 decals back in the day were often done no better. I have not personally seen any of the originals with this problem, but in any case I was somewhat disappointed with the decals, and probably will never use them, at least on my PX-10. At only $10 or so, it is not really worth the money and effort to send them back to Oz for replacement, which I will say he did offer to do. Oh well,,,
I bought a set of the 70's style Bottecchia decals from Greg. They are very good but not perfect. If I didn't have the originals to compare to I probably wouldn't notice but there are some minor nitpicks. I used some of the decals from the set but left the originals for the big panel decals. The rest are in my desk drawer here in case I ever need them but I'm looking for some better ones for the downtube/seattube panel decals.