Thread: Velonews Sucks
View Single Post
Old 07-25-07, 01:16 PM
vik 
cyclopath

Bikes: Surly Krampus, Surly Straggler, Pivot Mach 6, Bike Friday Tikit, Bike Friday Tandem, Santa Cruz Nomad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vic32amg
My problem is not that they reported it but rather that they continue to distribute it as facts. and continue to back it up with lies about his team not supporting him and take any note when laying down the story to mention a incident that may or may not be true. If you read the last 20 heaadlines on VN you will note the consistancy.

Jul 20: Ex-cyclist levels doping charges at Rasmussen
Jul 21: Rasmussen might have been barred from Tour had missed tests been reported
jul 22: Rasmussen not exactly winning hearts and minds among his colleagues
Jul 23: Millar says Rasmussen has ruined Tour
Jul 23: Pressure building on Rasmussen... on and off the bike .

and if you read the articles they are witten with predetermined guilt. Doping charges from 5 years ago? Who cares. what happens today is what counts. I'm sure they are testing him like a lab rat due to all the rumors. also when they decribe the " admisntrative error" they describe it as a miss test, and describe the scenario entirely different than the other press. Which suggest different scenario

I am not a fan of MR. But I am a fan of cycling and try to stay bias. I wanted Sastre to win the tour or Vino.(bummer) but I could care less about the chicken but I think he has been brilliant. Not until proven otherwise i will not address his performance with guilt.

I really would of like to see Contador wup him as well but that didn't happen.
So stop reading Velonews and get on with your life....