Thread: Rasmussen gone?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-07, 11:53 PM
Dolomiti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reading some of the reactions from other riders, I'm really suprised. Some really damning words. It's almost as if this anti-doping thing isn't a charade. The riders now realize how serious this situation is, and instead of the code of silence of the last century, they're really pissed off at anyone who gets caught!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...l07/jul26news3

"Teams like Astana win by using un ethical means, taking all the publicity that belong to the clean riders and teams. We can't let that go by," he concluded.
The Quick.Step rider was lying on the massage table when he got the news about Vinokourov, as a text message on his mobile phone. "We have all worked so hard," he said, "we have had fantastic successes with this team, and Vinokourov helps throw all of that away."
"There are a lot of riders in his team whose contracts will expire at the end of the season," he stated to HLN.be. "Thanks to him they may also be living on the street. If a rider like him was in my team, I wouldn't hesitate to punch him in the face."
"We are not scared to talk about Rasmussen, only your grandmother would believe that you missed four doping controls by accident,"