Old 07-26-07, 12:02 AM
ccrnnr9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
why all the depressing posts regarding doping?

As I scan over posts of the last few weeks posted here and on other cycling web servers, I am starting to become more than a bit disturbed by all the posts that concern either a) someone quitting racing because of all the doping scandals or b) becoming so disillusioned by the pro side of things that they refuse to follow it anymore. I understand the frustration but I am confused as to why people are making these decisions...

The way I see it, the sport is starting to become what it should be! I am proud to know that some of the big names are being dropped like a bad habit because of doping. How many other sports will exclude their top stars from competition? I know the state of our sport is not at its highest but I think we should all praise the efforts of some teams and some governing bodies for the efforts at making our beloved sport clean. It is a culture that has existed sub-rosa for years now and it is ridiculous to think it will be solved over night, or even over a matter of a few years. Let's not lose hope! With our continuing support of what is right and by showing our disgust for what is wrong (doping) I think we can all do our part to help.

I apologize for this semi-pointless rant but I thought it was worth noting. I would like to hear others' feedback.
Thanks for listening,
Nick