Thread: Wrist Pain
View Single Post
Old 07-26-07, 02:25 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Have ridden flat bars for 17 years and I did not realise how over the years I have found certain things to help on the Hand numbness and tingling. Moving the hands around BEFORE the pain gets too much helps a lot. Bar ends give different hand positions- Raising the bar (Or maybe lowering for some people) or as I have done- Changing to riser bars may help. Couple of things though- Those trekking bars may look wierd but they Offer a multitude of Hand positions. The thickness of the Bar grip- I always use a fairly thick but firm one made by "Yeti"- and I have small hands. On Gloves- Just because it has gell in them- I will not recommend them. The gell compacts down after a short while and offers no padding to the hand. and also- I have small hands but always buy a Large glove so that nothing restricts circulation in the hand. My hands swell up after a while and if I used a small glove- They would be tight after 10 minutes.

Then as someone else mentioned- Death grip with the hands. I tried it on one ride and it works Don't hold the bar firmly. You still have bar controll and the fingers get better circulation.

Spike Milligan