View Single Post
Old 07-27-07, 09:04 PM
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Astroluc
Barracks Si... don't I know you from EPHAtch?
LOL... yeah, you do! I've decided to stick with the same username at each forum to keep things simple for myself.

Anyway...great bike, man.
Yeah, it's pretty good. It makes my '99 Schwinn MTB seem very heavy & slow. The saddle is a Fizik Pave CP for now; I'd like to try out some Specialized saddles as well before dumping cash on an Arione or Aliante. On my last test ride before actually buying the bike, I rode for about 15-20 minutes (or so it seemed) and then my lower back started to hurt. I told the shop about it, and without even blinking, they switched the stem to an H2O (it's okay..) that was maybe an inch shorter. It wasn't something that I would've thought to do, but it made all the difference.

I'm also wondering if I could swap a larger front disc onto it. I tend to use the front brake a lot more than the rear, and I think it's eating up its front pads about twice as fast as the rears. You know my EP; you can understand that I'm all about bigger brakes.. lol

I tend to ride to work (only 1.3 miles.. lol) 3 or 4 days a week now, sometimes more. I'm thinking of selling the Schwinn and getting a Cannondale MTB, either a Rush or Caffeine 29'er -- but I'll only do that if I go find some dirt around here. I've also been eyeing a Synapse or CAAD8; flat bars are fine for the city, but I always wonder if spinning for a couple/few hours at a time is nicer with proper drop bars and road frame.

My EP is getting a lot of rest at home. Maybe I can further justify making it less civilized and more of a track car.