Old 07-28-07, 10:43 PM
dijos
Walks with a limp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by helloamerican
not trying to be a jerk but its kinda obvious you took it to the extreme right? i was suggesting conversion a starter thing- and as far as parts not fitting... well you've got to check those things. not trying to be a jerk.
To be honest, I'm really happy with my bike, and I could have easily just switched the back wheel, got the right BB, and new chain, and been done. But, you live and learn. My BB spindle was too long, I tried out a few stems, handlebars, had a crank threading issue. I also wanted some nicer components than I had. A few really minor things went wrong, just enough to keep me off of my bike. I knew what I wanted in a frame-Lugged, double butted, fender eyelets, road geometry, made for 700c wheels, japanese threading, quill stem. For sure, I went a little overboard on some things, and I'm sure that I'll have some upgrades yet. I'd definitely consider it a learning process.

Other people can do a much more simplified job than I did, for sure.

A before and after; I have switched out the bars (yes, I know the angle is terrible, I was trying something
out) and the stem. sorry for the crap pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
original.jpg (47.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg
after-chops.jpg (26.6 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by dijos; 07-28-07 at 10:50 PM.