View Single Post
Old 07-30-07, 08:55 AM
hr2510

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hr2510
I'm 47, 5'11" and 235lbs with a 42" waist. I hope to some day (I know it won't be real soon)shed 10" of waist and around 50-60lbs. I think I can do it with your help,advice and inspiration.
  • UPDATE:
Just after I made the first post I had a DR visit and found my scales were wrong. I weighed 241 not 235 like I thought I just weighed and I'm down to 223 this morning I credit the weight loss 98% to riding the bike and the other 2% to not cheating on my diet sometimes on the weekends like I used to do. I'm still only riding 2 miles on gravel every morning. I'm a little afraid to increase the distance yet. I'm still in pretty sad shape and don't want to "push it" and end up so sore I couldn't ride the next day. So far it seems everything is going much better than expected. Maybe by the time I start to "plateau" I'll be in better shape and can increase the distance. Every time I complain to myself about how hard the MTB is to pedal with the fat tires I try to remember that it's just giving me a better work out. 18lbs down, 43lbs to go. You folks are such a inspiration!