View Single Post
Old 06-08-04, 11:52 AM
Stubacca

Bikes: '03 Fuji Roubaix Pro; '03 KleinGi Attitude; '06 Soma Rush; '04 Surly Cross-Check; '06 Soma Rush; '07 Scott CR1 / Chorus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rykoala
Stubacca: Boxers and cargo shorts. I know, not optimal. I plan on picking up some lycra shorts when I lose more weight and don't look rediculous in them. But maybe that day is coming sooner than I imagined?
Get them now. Fellow bikers won't think you look ridiculous - they're just glad to see another person out there enjoying cycling! If anyone else ever passes comment, what do you care? You're out there doing something good for yourself, and they're likely sitting in their car eating a doughnut . If you're really worried, you can get 'baggies', which are usually cargo shorts with a padded lycra cycling short inside. They're designed so you don't get seam rub (which is probably what caused your saddle sores). Check out REI for some good, cheap-ish options (since as you lose weight you'll likely drop down a size).

In any case, your arse will be thanking you so loudly that you wouldn't even be able to hear a snide remark.

Trust me - to anyone whose opinion should matter to you, it doesn't look ridiculous at all.