Old 08-01-07, 03:04 PM
VT Biker

Bikes: Cannondale R700 (2005)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThinLine
All that says alot about our complacent, ignorant, breadbox mentality society if you ask me. Duhh...I don't know....I just want a cheap, junky, heavy, non-functionin, bike for myself and my kid.
And since the apple does not fall far from the tree....Duh... my kid will raise its kid to do the same.
America.....If you don't expect quality...you came to the right place.
Wow....so because a bunch of people have at most a passing interest in cycling, they should plop down tons of their hard earned cash to purchase something they will likely use sparingly?

Do you realize there is something called resource contraint, and each of us has limited resources and time to focus and spend on specific hobbies and items. That same so called low-lying fruit you just picked on for buying a cheap bike may very well have spent mucho bucks on a sail boat, or cross-country ski equipment, or down-hill ski equipment or who knows what else. Just because you are more interested in a hobby to the point that you are willing and committed to learning more than the basics does not mean that someone else passing interest in that hobby makes them low lying fruit.